Please join us on May 12th for the 16th Annual Battle of the Badges! This worthwhile event helps those who are in need of blood, so please consider donating on behalf of the Madera Police Department! Food and drinks will be available for everyone who donates. If you are unable to donate on May 12th during our local donation day, you can still donate blood on our behalf at any of the Central California Donation Centers thru May 13th. Just be sure to let them know you are there to donate on behalf of the Madera Police Department.
Here are a few reminders about the donation process:
- You must have a photo ID at registration
- Eat a good meal at least 30 minutes to 4 hours prior to donating and make sure you drink lots of fluids to keep you hydrated (caffeinated drinks dehydrate your body so limit your caffeine intake)
- If you take any medication, please know the names and dosage information
- If you are sick, you are not able to donate
- You MAY NOT donate blood for 1 YEAR from the date of any tattoos or body piercings.